May 31, 2013

TIMELESS RECIPES: VEGETARIAN WEEK PART 1

Once before I decided to do a vegetarian week (5 days) and it was asurprisingly really easy to stick to considering I did absolutely no preparation for it. So after this past week I felt it was time to do it again. Someone consumed way too much food last week so this was much needed.

I prepared by looking up 5 different vegetarian recipes before I went grocery shopping, so that I would have all the ingredients ready and available to me. Not only were these meals vegetarian buy they were also completely new recipes that I had not tried before so you can also look at this as a recipe review as well!

Monday:

Mushroom Parmesan Penne

 

The recipe is simple. You cannot mess this one up. For such a simple recipe this worked great. The longest part was when i was waiting for the penne to cook. I followed the recipe closely only during the last 30 second of cooking the mushrooms I added fresh diced tomatoes and the parsley. I like my tomato slightly cooked...more warmed rather than cooked.


Tueday:

Korma


 

I LOVE Indian food but have always been intimidated to try it because of the many components. I will not lie, this recipe took a while to prep for. Im not sure how others do it, but I like to prep all my ingredients before I start anything to avoid feeling frazzled when I get into the heat of things. The only thing i would change about this recipe is to parboil the potatoes and carrots prior to preparing the meal as it took about 30 minutes for them to tendurize rather than the 10 minutes the recipe called for. Also I would add slightly less cream as it again took longer for it to reduce. This was to die for!!!

I will share the other wonderfull recipes that I've tried this week. One think that this Veggie week has taught me is that you do not need meat in order to have a wonderful meal!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my heavens, both dishes sound heavenly! I am way too nervous to try cooking my own Indian food but that looks so good. I might have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete