March 31, 2014

HOT SCHOOL LUNCHES

A few months after the start of school, Joshua and I were in a Target when we spotted this container:

According to the label it keeps hot things hot for up to 5 hours and cold things cold for up to 7 hours. At only $13.99, this made for an amazing addition to our lunch container collection. With this I was able to send Joshua to school with a multitude of meal options. Last week I sent him with two hot lunches:



1. Turkey Chili with Cheese Cubes

2. Penne with Sausage and Strawberries.

Once dinner is over, I place left overs in a separate container. When I wake up in the morning, I quickly warm it up in the microwave, then transfer it into his thermal container. Joshua loves this thing and is constantly asking me to use it. I suggest everyone getting something like this if you pack lunch for your little ones.

1 comment:

  1. Popping over from the d.t. to check out your blog. :-) Those lunches look yummy and much more interesting than a sandwich! I have found that filling the container with boiling water for a few minutes before adding the food keeps lunch hot even longer!

    ReplyDelete